How to Select Jewellery Set for Wedding
Once a bride starts preparing for her biggest day, choices of jewellery set for wedding keep wandering in her mind. Throughout the globe, Indian bridal jewellery is at an esteemed spot for its regal culture, and incomparable craftsmanship. The task of selecting the perfect jewellery set for wedding is just getting tougher and tougher with the changing trends as well as mindset. Here are a few such discussions that are surely going to clear your vision before purchasing the perfect piece.
How to Select Jewellery Set for Wedding
Before jumping for any design it is always better to select which kind of jewellery you’re craving. There are three basic types- Polki/Kundan jewellery, Gold jewellery, and Diamond jewellery. You’re going to know some important details about all of them, which will later help you make the final decision.
Polki/Kundan Wedding Jewellery
Polki diamonds are the purest form of diamond, hence they are uncut and unpolished. Due to that raw form, it brings more lustre and dazzles to any piece of jewellery. Though Polki jewellery and Kundan jewellery appear to be the same, there are a number of differences between each other. While selecting a jewellery set for wedding, remember a few points-
- Polki jewellery is made with original uncut pieces of diamond, whereas glass/imitation stones are used to manufacture Kundan jewellery. If you’re going to appear like an angel on the aisle, then Polki wedding jewellery is the best option for you.
- When a royal bride appears amidst the awaiting audience, she must come with a heavenly look. For that, Polki wedding jewellery is the best option to go with. Because no other type can bring the same gorgeousness into it.
- Polki jewellery is a high-maintenance product. Its shine and longevity completely depend upon how the wearer preserves it and takes care of it. You can go through our guidelines for proper storing and cleaning tips for your jewellery.
- Always remember that water is like poison for Polki jewellery. For that reason, one must avoid any touch of water. Extreme sweat, splashes, rinsing, etc. are extremely harmful for it.
Gold Wedding Jewellery
The evergreen gold wedding jewellery is something that has the most versatility, grandiosity, and regality. Hence, the craving for gold bridal jewellery is always on, and mostly for the bright yellow colour of 22kt gold ornaments, is always considered at the top. Our dedicated craftsmanship and intricate designs have been creating masterpieces relentlessly for over three decades. There are a few guidelines which one should follow while selecting:
- Different designs of jewellery set for wedding can make your decision a hassle, but don’t do so. Especially for gold bridal jewellery, it takes an ample amount of time to finalise the design. Bridal jewellery is designed or purchased once in a lifetime, so it should be made with ease.
- Try to buy your gold wedding jewellery always in 22kt. 18kt and 14kt golds are cheaper, and you will get much bigger sets at the same price point. Still, 22kt gold jewellery is way more shiny and bright, and for a royal bride like you, that glow is extremely important.
- Storing your gold bridal jewellery post-wedding may be critical as it comes in intricate filigree designs. Maintain and store it inside the box, provided by the jeweller and don’t let any of the pieces rub against each other. That will lead to the loss of shine, and it may damage both the pieces because 22kt gold is softer than other kinds.
- If you’re going to give yourself that very traditional yet rich look, antique gold jewellery (also known as temple jewellery) could be the best option for you. It might look less shiny, but it has a serene charm that is unbeatable. Its black polish also matches very well with heavy lehengas.
Diamond Wedding Jewellery
In this long journey of selecting jewellery set for wedding, when the bride takes the leap for a diamond jewellery set, she just opens up the longest catalogue of it. Quality and design- both are important in this segment. And one more important thing- make up your mind about the colour, quality, and design of your lehenga or saree first, then get into jewellery.
- Always go with a budget because especially in diamond jewellery, there is literally no limit. Just for example, if you have a budget of Rs. 50 lacs for your diamond bridal jewellery which is a pretty good budget indeed. So, have a discussion with your family as well as a jeweller to distribute the budget into parts, like necklaces, earrings, bangles, etc.
- There is a very simple rule for diamond jewellery- the better the diamond, the brighter the jewellery. We’re now an expert in diamond jewellery with over 30 years of experience. In India, the most popular standards are H-I colour, VS-SI purity, and excellent cut grade. So, targetting these standards will always give you better results, while purchasing diamond jewellery set for wedding.
- Diamond jewellery is highly sensitive to dirt and oily substances. The bride should always take care of it, during the function and post the function. Please be aware of the joints and folds in your diamond danglers and necklaces, as a little bit of unusual pressure can end up damaging the product.
- If you’re the one who loves the minimalistic style of wedding outfits as well as jewellery, then it will be very good for you to go for solitaire necklaces. It remains less wide, yet it has an imperial look that is way more gorgeous and mesmerising.
So far, these are three major kinds of bridal jewellery. There are a lot more things to share which can make your wedding ceremony a remembrance for everyone.